- Print Length: 384 Pages
- Publisher: New Society Publishers
- Publication Date: March 20, 2018
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0865718415
- ISBN-13: 978-0865718418
- File Format: PDF
Grow more food, with less work, in any yard – now completely revised and expanded!
Are you itching to start your own garden or grow more in the one you have, but feel that gardening is too challenging or time-consuming for your busy schedule?
Now completely updated and expanded, Backyard Bounty will demystify gardening, bringing it back to the down-to-earth, environmentally practical activity that anyone can enjoy.
Author and master gardener Linda Gilkeson covers everything you’ll need to grow a successful garden, including:
- Planning your garden and preparing the soil
- Organic fertilizers and simplified composting
- Planting for winter harvests and intensive planting schedules
- Comprehensive information on pests, diseases, and working with an unstable climate
- Greenhouses, tunnels and containers
- Organic pest management.
Packed with a wealth of information specific to the Pacific Northwest, this complete guide emphasizes low-maintenance methods, covers problems related to common pests and climate concerns, includes a monthly garden schedule for year-round planting and harvesting, and features plant profiles for everything from apples to zucchini.
Perfect for novice and experienced gardeners alike, Backyard Bounty shows how even the smallest garden can produce a surprising amount of food twelve months of the year.