- Download File Format: PDF, EPUB, MOBI, AZW3 (Kindle), Audiobook / MP3
- Title: Bartending For Dummies
- Autor: Ray Foley
- Publisher (Publication Date): For Dummies; 5 edition (January 28, 2014)
- Language: English
Make and serve drinks like a pro
This latest edition of Bartending For Dummies features over 1,000 drink recipes in an A-Z format with clear, easy-to-follow instructions. This 5th Edition also provides over 40 new cocktails ideas for those who want to know how to serve cocktails professionally, for themselves, or for their guests.
- Detailed information on how to properly stock a bar with the latest and greatest glassware and tools
- Expanded coverage on making exotic frozen/blended specialties and specialty coffees
- Experimenting with the new flavor/buzz in Bourbons and Scotches: honey
- The latest flavored rums, gins, ryes, and of course vodkas (buttered, waffle, sherbet, and marshmallow flavored are just a few new editions)
- New coverage devoted to craft distillers
- Fun, new ways to garnish drinks (even flaming options), rim, and serve drinks like a master mixologist
- Tips on creating unique punches and even non-alcoholic drinks
- The latest tips and advice on curing hangovers and hiccups
If you’re interested in crafting traditional or modern cocktails, Bartending For Dummies has you covered.
From the Back Cover
Make traditional and trendy cocktailsBecome a master of mixologyStock your bar like a proMix up 1,000+ drink recipesDiscover how to mix drinks that will please everypalateThis hands-on, friendly guide to bartending shows you how tobecome a master mixologist, from stocking your bar and working withthe right tools and garnishes to discovering the latest andgreatest in new cocktails. Whether you’re just gettingstarted with bartending or looking for fresh ideas, BartendingFor Dummies is the perfect how-to resource for making greatdrinks.Set ‘em up — get the inside scoop on what tools andglassware you need for your barStock up — know how much liquor and supplies to have onhand for a great get-togetherA bit of background — review the various types ofliquors, their origins, and their characteristicsMix it up — make over 1,000 simple drink recipes witheasy-to-follow instructionsThe after-party — find out how to get rid of hiccups andtend to hangoversOpen the book and find:The right glassware to use for each drinkHow to create unforgettable garnishes for your cocktailsThe best way to set up any size barCharts and measures related to drink mixingHints for serving and storing beer, wine, and liquorsOver 1,000 recipes for professional-grade drinksHow to make great nonalcoholic drinks
About the Author
Ray Foley is the founder and editor of BARTENDERMagazine. A consultant to some of the United States’ topdistillers and importers, he is responsible for creating and namingnew drinks for the liquor industry.
Amazingly good read. I’ve been recommending it to others who aren’t knowledgeable about bartending. It doesn’t tell you HOW to bartend, it explains what you NEED to bartend. It goes over popular drink mixtures, how different alcohols are made, what type of barware you need to make all of your drinks, and what a basic bar needs to be supplied with. Definitely a good read if you know nothing about making drinks or bartending norms. I’ve been writing side notes, and highlighting things like crazy. As with all “for Dummies” books I’ve read so far, it does a really well job of leaving out the extra “fluff” and useless information and providing you with a pretty clear picture on the topic.