- Full Title : Best Slow and Easy Recipes: More than 250 Foolproof, Flavor-Packed Roasts, Stews, and Braises that let the Oven Do the Work (Best Recipe Classics)
- Autor: Cook’s Illustrated
- Print Length: 352 pages
- Publisher: Cook’s Illustrated; First Edition, first edition
- Publication Date: October 1, 2008
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1933615249
- ISBN-13: 978-1933615240
- Download File Format | Size: epub | 18,85 Mb
Recipes don’t have to be fast to be simple
The Best Slow & Easy Recipes gives you more than 250 recipes that show you why building flavor slower is sometimes better – and easier.
The appeal of cooking food slowly is undeniable; a moderate oven temperature and extended cooking time can build rich, concentrated flavor and yield tender, juicy meat. But when most of us think of dishes that are slow cooking by nature – such as roasts, braises, and stews – we think of an all-day affair requiring constant attention, something to prepare for a special occasion or when you can commit a full day to the task. But in fact, in many cases just the opposite is true. These dishes are, for the most part, easy – although they take time, the process is largely unattended, leaving you free to simply walk away. You’ll find all the classic slow-cooked dishes here – dishes where time, slow simmering, and gentle heat work their magic. We promise it’s worth the wait.