- Print Length: 352 Pages
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Publication Date: September 23, 2011
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470571659
- ISBN-13: 978-0470571651
- File Format: EPUB
A world tour of beloved ground meat recipes from award-winning author James Villas
Ground meats are easily affordable and amazingly versatile—and common in almost every cuisine. Ground beef, pork, poultry, and seafood are staple ingredients across continents and cultures, but they’ve rarely been given the respect they deserve.
With favorites like the classic American hamburger and steak tartare, croquettes and crab cakes, From the Ground Up collects 200 recipes that span the globe, all presented with the passion and style that make James Villas one of the world’s most admired food writers. Here, he pays loving tribute to this underappreciated culinary wonder, letting it take its rightful seat at the head of the table. With delectable dishes from far and wide, this fantastic collection is stuffed with inspiration.
- James Villas was the food and wine editor for Town & Country magazine for 27 years and is the author of Pig, The Bacon Cookbook, and The Glory of Southern Cooking
- Features 200 ground meat recipes from all over the world, including British meat pies, Jamaican patties, and American meatloafs and chilis
- The perfect cookbook for families, with affordable, tasty comfort foods galore
For home cooks looking for quick and delicious dinner solutions, From the Ground Up offers classic dishes the whole family will love.