All people involved with preparation of food for the commercial or retail market should have a sound understanding of the food safety risks associated with their specific products and, importantly, how to control these risks – failure to control food safety hazards can have devastating consequences. Make It Safe provides a science and risked-based intervention approach to the Australian food industry for the control of food safety hazards.
The huge variety of manufactured foods available to Australian consumers today has largely been the result of the hard work of a group of relatively small manufacturers. Small businesses make up around two-thirds of businesses in Australia’s food and beverage manufacturing industry. This book is aimed at those currently manufacturing food on a small-scale or those considering entering this market. It will assist those already operating a small business to develop a better understanding of key food safety systems, while those who are in the “start-up” phase will gain knowledge essential to provide their business with a solid food safety foundation.
The content will also be useful for students of food technology who wish to seek employment in the industry
or are planning on establishing their own manufacturing operation.
• Outlines the three food safety hazards: microbial, chemical and physical, with a special emphasis on microbial hazards and food recalls are explained
• Offers practical guidance on how to control food safety hazards
• Information is presented in a straightforward, instructive manner and key messages are highlighted at the end of each chapter
About the Author
CSIRO Food and Nutritional Sciences conducts food and nutrition research to support the health and wellbeing of the Australian community and the sustainability and viability of the Australian food industry.
- Title: Make It Safe: A Guide to Food Safety
- Autor: CSIRO Food and Nutritional Sciences
- Publisher (Publication Date): CSIRO Publishing (October 1, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: | 0643095683
- ISBN-13: | 978-0643095687
- Download File Format: EPUB, PDF