- Print Length: 336 Pages
- Publisher: Burgess Lea Press
- Publication Date: February 14, 2017
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0997211318
- ISBN-13: 978-0997211313
- File Format: EPUB
Onions Etcetera features more than 130 supermarket-friendly recipes, all from the indispensable allium family: leeks, chives, garlic, shallots, scallions, and every other type of onion!
“I don’t believe there is a single recipe in this book I don’t want to cook.” – Nigella Lawson
Whether you delight in the hunt for scapes, your favorite heirloom cipollini, the spice of raw garlic, or the sweetness of caramelized onions, Onions Etcetera is right place for you.
This book is for all the Allium lovers out there; all of you out there who can’t imagine cooking dinner without at least one onion in the mix. In Onions Etcetera you’ll explore the wonderful versatility of the humble onion as you learn to coax out flavors familiar and unknown.
From classics and family favorites, to more obscure recipes, you’ll find 130 onion-centric dishes, including:
- Za’atar Onion Petals with Beets and Labneh
- Pearl Onion Tarte Tatin
- Appalachian Chimichurri
- Curried Onion Fritters with Mint Raita
- Grilled Delicata Squash with Shallot Agrodolce
- Cheese and Allium Toasties
- Eggplant Salad with Black Garlic Tahini Dressing
- Scallion Sesame Pancakes
- Grilled Fish with Charred Garlic Scape Relish
And that’s just a start, fellow onion lovers. Grab your chefs knife, your favorite member of the Allium family, and Onions Etcetera, of course, and get cooking!