- Full Title : Runner’s World Performance Nutrition for Runners: How to Fuel Your Body for Stronger Workouts, Faster Recovery, and Your Best Race Times Ever
- Autor: Matt Fitzgerald
- Print Length: 256 pages
- Publisher: Rodale Books; 1st edition
- Publication Date: December 27, 2005
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1594862184
- ISBN-13: 978-1594862182
- Download File Format | Size: epub | 1,03 Mb
Plese Buy Premium From My Links, To Support Me & Download with MaX SPeeD!
Up-to-date nutrition advice for runners, based on the latest science
Runners have different nutrition and recovery needs than other endurance athletes. Yet until now, they’ve had no nutritional resource specifically addressing their concerns.
This comprehensive guide distills the newest thinking in the science of exercise nutrition into practical, hands-on tips that will help runners stay healthy, recover faster, enjoy better workouts, and race successfully. Readers will learn:
• detailed information on nutritional topics important to runners, from balancing internal energy stores to proper hydration
• how to customize their diets to their individual training needs
• shopping tips and dining-out strategies to help runners maximize their nutritional intake
• the top 5 pre-race meals and top 5 healthiest snacks for runners
• nutritional tips for special populations, including women, children, diabetics, and older runners
About the Author
Matt Fitzgerald is an acclaimed endurance sports and nutrition writer and a certified sports nutritionist. He is the bestselling author of more than a dozen books on running and fitness, including 80/20 Running, Brain Training for Runners, Racing Weight, and Iron War, which was long-listed for the 2012 William Hill Sports Book of the Year. He is a columnist on Competitor.com and Active.com, and has contributed to Bicycling, Men’s Health, Triathlete, Men’s Journal, Outside, Runner’s World, Shape, and Women’s Health. He lives in San Diego, California.