- Full Title : Straw Bale Gardens Complete, Updated Edition: Breakthrough Method for Growing Vegetables Anywhere, Earlier and with No Weeding
- Autor: Joel Karsten
- Print Length: 208 pages
- Publisher: Cool Springs Press; 2 edition
- Publication Date: March 26, 2019
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0760365237
- ISBN-13: 978-0760365236
- Download File Format | Size: epub | 45,41 Mb
Plese Buy Premium From My Download Link, To Support Me & Download all Books with MaX SPeeD!
Whatever your gardening challenge, Straw Bale Gardening holds the solution. Have a small or unusual space? Straw Bale Gardening is perfect for urban, rooftop, and balcony gardens. Contaminated soil? Planting in straw bales eliminates the problem. Are you inundated by weeds? With straw bales, there is no weeding. The advantages of growing a Straw Bale Garden go on and on: they require 75 percent less labor, their raised height makes planting easier, they extend the growing season, prevent disease and insect issues, are portable, hold water well but are impossible to overwater, they create excellent compost, and can be grown 100 percent organically.
Among the new subjects:
- Cultivating mushrooms in straw and straw bales
- How to grow plants in hay bales (and how to tell the difference between hay and straw)
- Tips and ideas for making your straw bale garden more attractive
- How to make a cold frame with straw bales
- Trellising projects for growing vertically
- And much more
About the Author
Joel Karsten, author of Straw Bale Gardens, Straw Bale Solutions, and Straw Bale Gardens Complete, developed the straw bale gardening method more than 10 years ago. As interest grew, he became one of the most in-demand garden lecturers in the country. A pioneer and an entrepreneur, Karsten has been featured in the New York Times, national television and radio, and dozens of other major media outlets. Karsten has a degree in horticulture from the University of Minnesota, and currently resides in Roseville, Minnesota.