- Print Length: 256 Pages
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Publication Date: May 7, 2010
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BS03TU4
- ISBN-10: 0470527927
- ISBN-13: 978-0470527924
- File Format: AZW3
“In this solar system of culinary stars, there is a newborn one that shines very bright. Chef Spike Mendelsohn has a pulse on the American heartbeat for delicious, soul-satisfying comfort foods from his crowd-pleasing restaurant on Capitol Hill that has pleased Presidents and celebs. Enjoy the Good Stuff recipes and see why folks are coming back for more.”
—Chef Art Smith, TLC’s Comfort Food
“With The Good Stuff Cookbook, Spike Mendelsohn applies his limitless imagination to classic American comfort food.”
—Tom Colicchio, chef/owner of Craft restaurants and Colicchio & Sons
“I am a self-proclaimed queen of burgers, and it looks like Spike is on his way to becoming the king. I am obsessed with all things between the bun and have really enjoyed eating my way through the Good Stuff. Spike knows how to bring the fun to bun.”
One of the most popular contestants ever on the hit television show Top Chef, Chef Spike Mendelsohn is one of the hottest celebrity chefs on the scene. His new restaurant in Washington, D.C., Good Stuff Eatery, has been a resounding success and even claims First Lady Michelle Obama as a fan. In The Good Stuff Cookbook, he serves up fast, fun, and fresh recipes for classic fare like burgers, sides, shakes, and desserts, as well as menu suggestions for all types of events, from big parties to casual family dinners.
You’ll find old favorites with a twist: unique and tasty sauces and mayonnaises like Good Stuff Sauce and Curry Mayonnaise; fan-favorite sides like Baked Sweet Potato Fries and Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus; the famous Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake, malts, and floats; and, of course, Chef Spike’s crowd-pleasing burgers made with beef, turkey, chicken, pork, and even lamb.
– The book features 120 fresh and delicious recipes and 140 full-color photos
– Mendelsohn is one of the hottest up-and-coming chefs on the food scene with two new restaurants, a new web-based show on Food2.com called “By The Book, Off The Hook,” and a number of other projects in the works
– This is the perfect all-American cookbook for anyone who loves great casual comfort food like burgers, fries, and shakes, but wants to shake things up with a gourmet touch
Just in time for Independence Day barbecues and summertime cookouts, The Good Stuff Cookbook offers a fresh and inventive take on classic American food.