- Print Length: 160 Pages
- Publisher: Tuttle Publishing
- Publication Date: October 10, 2009
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007WSNEC4
- ISBN-10: 0804840288
- ISBN-13: 978-0804840286
- File Format: PDF
You will absolutely love the 101 Asian recipes in this easy to use cookbook. This author learned from the best — her mom!
“What am I going to cook for dinner tonight?” It’s a common lament for everyone, and the answer too often is something unhealthy, unappealing, or both in the form of expensive take-out. Jaden Hair comes to the rescue in The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook, a fantastic new cookbook stuffed with dozens upon dozens of foolproof Asian recipes that are quick and easy to do—all in time for tonight’s supper!
The recipes in this Asian cookbook will take you on a culinary journey across the Asian continent. This book of Asian cuisine contains recipes for appetizers, soups, salads, wraps, seafood, meat, chicken, vegetables, tofu, eggs, rice, noodles, and desserts. Enjoy healthy, delicious, and easy-to-make Asian food with this easy to use cookbook .
In Steamy Kitchen, author and food blogger, Jaden Hair reveals her secret ingredient to create take-out favorite Broccoli Beef, shows you step-by-step in photos how to roll perfect Vietnamese Spring Rolls, how to make Thai Curry in less time than it takes to drive to a restaurant and teaches how, with only three main ingredients, you can fry up the crowd-favorite Firecracker Shrimp. With her irresistible sense of humor and accessible style, Jaden will have you running into your kitchen to start cooking!
Delicious Asian recipes include:
– Firecracker Shrimp
– Pork & Mango Potstickers
– Quick Vietnamese Chicken Pho
– Beer Steamed Shrimp with Garlic
– Korean BBQ-style Burgers
– Maridel’s Chicken Adobo
– Simple Baby Bok Choy and Snow Peas
– Chinese Sausage Fried Rice
– Grilled Bananas with Chocolate and Toasted Coconut Flakes
Outstanding Cookbook for Pros and the Kitchen Challenged!
This is my first review even after years and thousands of dollars in purchases on Amazon. I felt I owed it to the author after finally feeling thrilled with a cookbook purchase.
As an aspiring “home chef” without talent or experience, I’ve bought dozens of cookbooks hoping to find one that would enable me to create cuisine, not just mundane meals. Sadly, I have been let down countless times. Sure, my lack of cooking skills puts me at a huge disadvantage, but I’m not buying complex books. I tried to stick with cookbooks that focused on the novice. In the end, my dishes looked nothing like the photos, tasted nothing like the description, and left me with little more than dirty dishes and buyer’s remorse.
The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook changed that for me. I’ve now cooked six meals from within these pages and every single one of them left me literally smiling at first bite. Just like one of those corny food commercials. 🙂 Here’s why:
1. The ingredients were all found at my local supermarket…unlike books that sent me to far away places in search of obscure spices that I’d never use again.
2. The book was fun to read, kept my attention, and gave me insight like no other cookbook had given me in the past. Most just started right in with the recipes, leaving me with more questions than answers. Unlike the Steamy Kitchen, they focused on the “how” without ever addressing the “why”.
3. The steps were easy to follow, the dishes easy to prepare, and the end result actually matched the photos. The other cookbooks I bought should have come with a sous chef because I was way out of my element. I never realized how inadequate they were until I read and followed this book.
4. The flavors were solid, delicious, and spot-on. I couldn’t believe I made these meals. They seemed complex to the taste but they were actually quite easy to make. I wasn’t the only one in our family raving about the food I cooked. If you knew me, you’d know how incredible that is.
The Scallops & Fruit Salsa…amazing. The Salmon with Cucumber Relish…amazing (I used her 250-degree slow-cook method instead of steaming). The Crab Cakes…best I have EVER tasted. I could go on and on. And I will, in my kitchen, until I’ve cooked every meal in the book.
If you are hesitant to purchase this book…don’t be. Even if you actually ARE a chef, unlike me, you’ll find the dishes and flavors to be divine. But if you’re a hazard waiting to happen in the kitchen, like me, this book will literally motivate you to keep trying.