to cook without a kitchen and eat healthy foods for days, weeks, even months!
Whether you’re camping, boating, traveling, or staying home, make sure you have enough food in case of an emergency. This book is your survival guide. It’s not just about stocking up on provisions. It’s about planning and preparing nutritious, delicious, easy-to-make meals under any circumstances―even without fuel or electricity. Learn how to:
* Plan, shop, and stock your pantry for the long term.
* Buy the provisions you need inexpensively from your local supermarket.
* Extend the life of fresh, canned, and packaged foods.
* Create scrumptious, sustaining meals without a stove or fridge.
* Find the best back-up gear for cooking, storage, and water.
* Be prepared for anything―and eat healthy under any conditions.
This practical guide is loaded with essential pantry must-haves, shopping checklists, food safety tips, and expert advice on alternative cooking methods. You’ll find dozens of ready-to-go recipes for makeshift main dishes, back-up breads, substitute spreads, even desperation desserts. So, if your boat loses power, your RV breaks down, your campground is snowbound, or your fridge is on the fitz, you’ll be totally prepared―to eat, drink, and be healthy―with The Survival Food Handbook.
About the Author
Janet Groene is the creator of the popular blog www.BoatCook.blogspot.com. She is a boating content provider for LiveLifeLocal and an RV writer for the ACTIVE network. She blogs daily at Janetgroene.blogspot.com, CampAndRVCook.blogspot.com, CreateAGorp.blogspot.com, SoloWomanRV.blogspot.com and BoatCook.blogspot.com.
This book is great resource for boaters, campers or those of us preparing our home for a rainy day (hurricane season). There are shopping suggestions, recipes and tips on storage and cooking with little or no electricity.
- Title: The Survival Food Handbook: Provisioning at the Supermarket for Your Boat, Camper, Vacation Cabin, and Home Emergencies
- Autor: Janet Groene
- Publisher (Publication Date): International Marine/Ragged Mountain Press; 1 edition (June 24, 2016)
- Language: English
- Download File Format: PDF, EPUB, MOBI, AZW3 (Kindle)